Virginia Cooperative Extension Celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the Smith-Lever Act
Join Virginia Cooperative Extension as it celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Smith-Lever Act, which officially established the National Cooperative Extension System. Activities are being planned throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia to commemorate the centennial in 2014. Events will be held in local communities, recognition of our Extension volunteers, and even a Virginia Cooperative Extension Day on May 8! Check this site frequently for periodic centennial updates and articles about Virginia Cooperative Extension programs and events.
Private Pesticide Applicators Recertification Workshops
Virginia Cooperative Extension, in cooperation with Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, will be holding pesticide recertification workshops for private pesticide applicators for categories 90 and 91 who have been notified that their license will soon expire. Sessions are open to all regardless of the county in which you reside. The sessions will last for approximately 2½ hours. Please register with the Rockingham Extension Office 540-564-3080, Augusta Extension Office 540-245-5750, Highland Extension Office 540-468-2225 or Rockbridge Extension Office 540-463-4734 for the particular workshop that you plan to attend .
- Monday, November 24, 2014 - Augusta County Government Center, Smith Room, 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014 - Rockingham County Government Center, Fire & Rescue Room, 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 3, 2014 - Highland County Extension Office, 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 9, 2014 - Augusta County Government Center, Smith Room, 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 10, 2014 - Woodmen of the World, Dayton, 1:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 15, 2014 - Rockbridge County Extension Office, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 15, 2015 - FINAL MAKE-UP SESSION, Augusta County Government Center, Main Boardroom, 1:00 p.m.
Private Pesticide Applicators Recertification Workshops (PDF | 900KB)
Please take a few minutes to complete this brief 12 question survey that will help design future beef programming efforts. The survey should take less than 2 minutes to complete. Your input is greatly appreciated!
Shenandoah Valley Preconditioning/Backgrounding Survey
2014 Virginia-North Carolina Shepherds’ Symposium: Augusta Government Center, January 9 & 10, 2014
We would love to have your input on the 2014 Shepherds’ Symposium. Please take the time to fill out our brief seven question survey.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get an insect identified?
If we cannot identify an insect here at our office, we will send it to the Virginia Tech insect ID lab at no charge. Please collect several good samples of the insect in question and bring them to our office either alive or preserved in some rubbing alcohol. Results are usually back within a week.