Virginia Cooperative Extension Celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the Smith-Lever Act
Join Virginia Cooperative Extension as it celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Smith-Lever Act, which officially established the National Cooperative Extension System. Activities are being planned throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia to commemorate the centennial in 2014. Events will be held in local communities, recognition of our Extension volunteers, and even a Virginia Cooperative Extension Day on May 8! Check this site frequently for periodic centennial updates and articles about Virginia Cooperative Extension programs and events.
February/March Buckingham Extension Program Updates
- VA 4-H Beekeeping Essay Contest
- 2014 Beekeeping Workshop Series
- FREE Weather Alert Service
- 4-H Inclement Weather Policy
- Buckingham Cattlemen's Association Annual Bred Heifer Sale
- Farm Transition Workshop
- Low Stress Cattle Handling Seminar
- Seven Steps to Small Business Marketing Success
- Piedmont Area Jr. Livestock Show & Sale
- Film Making Contest
- Get Wired!
- Central District 4-H Public Speaking, Presentations and Science Fair Contests
- District 4-H Photography Contest
- The Family Nutrition Program
- Heart of Virginia Master Gardeners, Upcoming Lunch and Learn Workshops
- Statewide Fishing Camp
February/March Buckingham Extension Program Updates Flyer (PDF | 3MB)
Pest Management Guides Available
The 2014 version of Virginia Cooperative Extension's Pest Management Guides are now available on our website. The guides cover Field Crops, Home Grounds and Animals, and Horticultural and Forest Crops.
Become a 4-H Volunteer
Inspire the next generation -- become a 4-H volunteer! 4-H programs look to volunteers to help our young people learn the skills they need to prepare for their futures while also having fun.