Language Interpretation Services Now Available
If you have limited English skills, do not let that stop you from visiting an Extension office. If you have difficulty speaking or understanding English, our staff can serve you by connecting you to one of our Extension agents through a telephone-based interpreter. Interpretation for more than 200 languages is provided. This service is free to our clients. Read more
2016 Campbell County 4-H Teen Counselor
Thank you for your interest in the 4-H Camp Teen Counselor program; we are now recruiting applicants for the 2016 4-H Camp! Applicants for the Teen Counselor positions are required to complete an application process which includes a written application, interview and reference checks. The 2016 Campbell County Teen Counselor Application packet is attached. You will also receive a hard copy of this information in the mail. Please feel free to share this packet with others who may be interested in applying to be a Teen Counselor.
So what do you do and when does it need to be done by??
- Read the letter in the packet.
- Review and sign the Teen Counselor Job Description.
- Fill out the application and return it along with the job description to us ASAP please and thank you!
- Read the Reference form guidelines and hand out 3 reference forms. The people you give them to will send them back to us.
- As we receive the applications we will review them and set-up interview times.
- When is the 2016 Camp? JULY 18-22, 2016
- Interviews will be held October 19-22 and 26th . We will add some days in November if needed.
- Applications are due ASAP or no later than November 17th
- We will have a Teen Meeting on November 22nd We hope to have new Teen Counselors approved so they can attend this meeting.
2016 Campbell County 4-H Teen Counselor Application Packet (PDF | 556KB)
Hill City Master Gardeners
Volunteers who work with the Virginia Cooperative Extension Service to improve gardening skills throughout the community through education. Program objectives are implemented through the training of local volunteers known as Master Gardeners. We collaborate with Extension to conduct youth and community education; establish and maintain demonstration gardens; organize a Home Visit team; and provide a speakers bureau. We work with special audiences in the community for youth and community outreach of a horticultural nature. We recruit and educate new Master Gardener candidates for effective volunteering. Master Gardeners are local volunteers in your community who work with the Virginia Cooperative Extension service to increase the availability of horticultural information and improve your community’s quality of life through various horticultural projects. For more information, please visit our website: www.hcmga.com
More Information >>