2014 Henrico Junior 4-H Camp
Apply now to be a Teen Counselor!
Download your Henrico 4-H Teen Counselor Application here.
Applications are due by February 18, 2014.
Teens turning 14 years old or older by January 1, 2014, must apply to attend camp. At this age, teens are expected to serve in a leadership role as Teen Counselors. Training is given before camp to prepare teens for the reponsibilities of this role.
At camp, Teen Counselors will…
- Supervise 9- to 13-year-old campers both in cabins and during all activities.
- Show a positive attitude, lead by example, and be a role model for campers.
- Participate in all camp activities, and be on time for these activities.
- Provide motivation and encouragement for all campers, especially those who have trouble adjusting to camp.
- Assist campers with cabin and team duties, and make sure these duties are completed.
- Provide leadership for team activities.
- Abide by all rules of the 4-H Center, as well as other rules outlined by 4-H agents and staff.
- Help settle down and account for campers at lights-out.
- Spend quality time with campers, not with other counselors and camp staff.
- Assist 4-H camp staff and agents with classes, programs, and routine duties as needed.
- Immediately inform adult leaders and agents of any problems and concerns.
- Have fun, while remembering they are at camp as leaders, not campers.
- Be patient, caring, responsible, and adaptable in dealing with people and situations at camp.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the Henrico Extension Office at (804)501-5160 or email Kendra Young, Henrico 4-H Extension Agent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Camping Opportunities
For more great camping opportunities including Cloverbud Camp (ages 5-8), Adventure Camp, Marine Science Camp, Science Camp, and High Octane Camp visit the Jamestown 4-H Center at: www.jamestown4hcenter.org