Let's go camping! The 2016 Henrico Junior 4-H Camp will be held August 1 - 5, 2016 at Jamestown 4-H Center. All boys and girls 9 through 14 years of age as of September 30, 2016, may attend. If 13 by January 1, 2016, participants may choose to attend as a Counselor-In-Training (CIT). Camp cost includes a 4-H t-shirt, lodging, meals, programs, instructional class materials, and transportation by chartered bus. Spaces are limited. Some scholarship assistance may be available.
REGISTRATION DAY - MARCH 5, 2016!
Come to the Henrico Extension Office on Saturday, March 5, 2016, to register your child for 4-H Camp. Registrations will be accepted from 9:00am to 12 noon.
Teen Counselor applications for 2016 are due January 13, 2016.
Interviews will be held January 27, 29 & February 1, 2016.
Teens turning 14 years old or older by January 1, 2016, must apply to attend camp. At this age, teens are expected to serve in a leadership role as Teen Counselors. Training is given before camp to prepare teens for the responsibilities of this role.
At camp, Teen Counselors will…
- Supervise 9- to 13-year-old campers both in cabins and during all activities.
- Show a positive attitude, lead by example, and be a role model for campers.
- Participate in all camp activities, and be on time for these activities.
- Provide motivation and encouragement for all campers, especially those who have trouble adjusting to camp.
- Assist campers with cabin and team duties, and make sure these duties are completed.
- Provide leadership for team activities.
- Abide by all rules of the 4-H Center, as well as other rules outlined by 4-H agents and staff.
- Help settle down and account for campers at lights-out.
- Spend quality time with campers, not with other counselors and camp staff.
- Assist 4-H camp staff and agents with classes, programs, and routine duties as needed.
- Immediately inform adult leaders and agents of any problems and concerns.
- Have fun, while remembering they are at camp as leaders, not campers.
- Be patient, caring, responsible, and adaptable in dealing with people and situations at camp.
More Camping Opportunities
For more great camping opportunities including Cloverbud Camp (ages 5 to 8) visit the Jamestown 4-H Center at: www.jamestown4hcenter.org